South Valley (5-8th)
Registrar: Lisa Nodora
Phone: (602) 343-4980 Ext. 1103
Call or visit the school and schedule an interview with our principal. The students, if younger than eighteen years of age, must have a parent/guardian present at the time of the interview. Complete the students “Enrollment Check List” and provide the following documents:
To begin our elementary charter school admissions process, please call or visit the school and schedule an interview with our principal.
Any students younger than eighteen years of age must have a parent or guardian present at the time of the interview. Please complete our students’ Enrollment Packet and provide the following completed documents:
- Birth Certificate or other reliable proof of the student’s age and identity, such as a baptismal certificate, an application for a social security number or original school registration records and an affidavit explaining the inability to provide a copy of the birth certificate.
- Residency Form with Required Documents
- Immunization Records
- IEP if applicable (must be reviewed through the SpEd Department before enrollment). IEP information is used for placement and continuity of services, not as a determinate of enrollment
- Withdrawal Form (required before a student can start) from last school attended.
- Notarized Legal Documentation of custody or placement if Guardian, Foster, or Group Home Parent
- Tribal Enrollment Documentation (if applicable)
A.R.S. § 15-184 (A, B, E)
South Valley Prep & Arts School does not limit admission based on ethnicity, national origin, gender, income level, disabling condition, proficiency in English language, or athletic ability.
South Valley Prep & Arts School has a fair and equitable policy to enroll all eligible students in grades 5-8, who submit a timely application, unless the number of applicants exceeds the capacity of the school facility. South Valley Prep & Arts School gives enrollment preference only to those students who are returning to the school for the second or any subsequent year of operation and to siblings of pupils who are already enrolled in South Valley Prep & Arts School. Should the number of eligible enrollment applications exceed the capacity of a grade level, South Valley Prep & Arts School will utilize a lottery system. The lottery will also determine waiting list order for any unselected applications. Applications received after the open enrollment window closes will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
South Valley Prep & Arts School may refuse to admit any pupil who has been expelled from another educational institution or who is withdrawn while in the process of being expelled from another educational institution.